Public hearing held on proposed 1/2-cent taxWard 2 councilmembers L.C. Hartsfield and Barbara Brothers hosted a public hearing Thursday evening in the District Courtroom before a small crowd of approximately 12 citizens. Also present were...
Chamber, Blytheville Unlimited supporting Public Safety taxThe Greater Blytheville Area Chamber of Commerce and Blytheville Unlimited are lobbying voters to support the proposed Public Safety tax, to be voted on by Blytheville patrons on May 9. The two...
- Council approves revenue bonds (4/22/17)
- ANC adds scholarship (4/22/17)
- ‘Blytheville Backs Our Blue’ (4/22/17)
- CN wins 12 awards at APME event (4/21/17)
- DTF makes drug, weapon arrest on Dougan St. (4/21/17)
- Osceola fireman lives to see son graduate (4/21/17)
- Retirement reception for BFD captain (4/20/17)
- Sheriff's officers, Manila police arrest Tarver on gun, drug charges (4/20/17)
- Wells found guilty in Williams Park murder of Vincent Stone (4/19/17)
- Rivercrest employee dies from fall (4/19/17)
- Chicks, Lady Chicks fall to Marion; win non-conference gamesAfter jumping out to an early, 2-0, lead on the Marion Patriots on Tuesday, the Patriots went on to defeat the Chickasaws, 17-3. The Chicks would score again at the bottom of the fifth but the damage from the Patriots had already been done by a six-run second inning, a lone run in the top of the third, three runs in the top of the fourth and two more in the top of the fifth to lead, 12-3. Then the Patriots would score five more runs in the top of the sixth...
Zelver LawsheaMr. Zelver Lawshea, 78, of Blytheville went home to be with the Lord on Thursday, April 20, 2017 at his home. Born August 21, 1938 in Dell, Arkansas to Eddie Lawshea, Sr. and Mary Robinson Lawshea,...
Eugene Arnold GaddisMr. Eugene Arnold Gaddis, 67, passed away on April 20, 2017 at his home in Marked Tree. He was a radio dispatcher, of the Baptist faith and an Army veteran. He is survived by his wife, Wanda Gaddis...
John Steven BurnsMr. John Steven Burns, 67, of Luxora, passed away on April 22, 2017 in Jonesboro. He was an electrician and a lifetime resident of Luxora. Mr. Burns is survived by his Debbie Burns of Luxora; one...
James Walker “Bo” WilbanksMr. James Walker “Bo” Wilbanks, 44, of Ridgely, Tennessee passed away on April 20, 2017 in Memphis, Tennessee. He was a welder and of the Pentecostal faith. Mr. Wilbanks is survived by his parents,...
Douglas Neal GilliamMr. Douglas Neal Gilliam, 56, of Blytheville, passed away peacefully, on Wednesday, April 19, 2017 sitting in his favorite chair at home. He was born in Blytheville on July 22, 1960 to Clyde Arnold...
Jessie Larie Holder AshabrannerMrs. Jessie Larie Holder Ashabranner of Manila, was born November 11, 1927 at Walnut Ridge, Arkansas to the late Thelma Hazel Houston Holder and Monroe Franklin Holder. She went to be with her Lord...
- Toy given to police officer as safety talisman gets to Ohio
- Larry Bird delivers Pacers' 2021 All-Star bid in an Indy car
- Civil War-era cannonballs to be moved from work site
- Police stop 12-year-old boy from driving across Australia
- Just a minute: FIU baseball
- Cops: 10 pounds of pot wrongly sent to Pennsylvania pastor
- Coin flip decides new president of southern Illinois village