Good start for local schoolsAugust. This month symbolizes one thing for most American households, whether it be a child’s woe, a parent’s joy or both — summer break has ended and the school year has begun. Amidst all the chaos...
County board discusses variety of issuesThe Finance Committee of the Mississippi County Quorum Court met Monday afternoon and, having no specific items on their agenda, justices spoke briefly on a wide range of topics. Committee Chairman...
- Court upholds manslaughter conviction (8/16/17)
- Blytheville Police Reports (8/15/17)
- Dog saves woman's life during fire (8/15/17)
- Police, fire raise plan approved by board (8/12/17)
- County mourns loss of Judge Carney (8/12/17)
- TBGL may be funded through Dec. 31 (8/12/17)
- QC to appoint new county judge (8/12/17)
- Excise tax debt is forgiven (8/12/17)
- Council member offers info on deadly robbery (8/12/17)
- ACT2! presents ‘The Wizard of Oz’ (8/11/17)
Jesse Adams, Jr.Mr. Jesse Adams, Jr. 63, of Blytheville entered into eternal life August 16, 2017 at NEA Hospital in Jonesboro. Born January 15, 1953 in Hermondale, Missouri to Rosie Lee Jefferson and Jessie Adams,...
Terence Markice SullivanMr. Terence Markice Sullivan, 44, a table game supervisor at Horseshoe Casino, died August 14, 2017 at Methodist Central Hospital in Memphis, Tennessee. Survivors include wife, Janice Powell...
Ronald L. Morehead, Jr.Mr. Ronald L. Morehead, Jr., 59, of Blytheville, went to be with the Lord Monday, August 14, 2017 at his home. Ron was born in La Junta, Colorado to Ronald L. Morehead, Sr. and Peggy (Wilburn)...
Willie L. HallMrs. Willie L. Hall passed away at the Phil and Flo Jones Hospice House in Jonesboro on August 13, 2017. She was born October 23, 1924 in Marked Tree to Louis and Florence Anderson, who preceded her...
Gladys Marie KelleyMrs. Gladys Marie Kelley, of Leachville and formerly of Bassett, passed away on August 10, 2017 in Jonesboro at the age of 67. She was a homemaker and of the Pentecostal faith. Mrs. Kelley is...
June W. TaylorJune W. Taylor was born December 29, 1929 to Amos Watkins, Sr. and Nannie Watkins in Leland, Mississippi. June departed this life on Wednesday August 09, 2017 at Baptist East Hospital in Memphis,...
- NY courts spokesman fired after saying he 'barely' worked
- Constipated gorilla in Kansas zoo recovering after surgery
- Man denies purposely spraying manure on border patrol car
- Are you for real? Police check out man looking for dentures
- Bavarian black swan finds companion through lonely hearts ad
- Lucky carrot: Alberta woman finds mother-in-law's lost ring
- Call the fashion cops: 'Jorts-wearing bandit' hits St. Louis