City finance board discusses courthouseThe Blytheville City Council’s Finance committee met on Thursday for their last meeting of 2018. Mississippi County Quorum Court Justice of the Peace Neil Burge attended the meeting to give a...
Hartsfield reflects on time on councilIt isn't an easy choice to commit one's self to public service, but it is something that a society desperately needs people to do. For Blytheville City Councilman L.C. Hartsfield, running for office...
- Courier News, Town Crier to merge Jan. 1 (12/15/18)
- BIC coach accused of computer child porn (12/14/18)
- Blytheville Police Reports (12/14/18)
- Police investigating abuse of elderly man (12/13/18)
- Sewer system being upgraded (12/12/18)
- Interior design specialist reviews Ritz (12/12/18)
- Armorel Quiz Bowl team visits school board (12/12/18)
- County officials show Christmas spirit (12/12/18)
- Prosecutor investigating if officer's arrest of shooting suspect was 'excessive' (12/11/18)
- Blytheville Police Reports (12/11/18)
- Chickasaws defeat Highland RebelsThe Blytheville Chickasaws (7-2, 2-1) cruised over the Highland Rebels ( 5-5, 1-3) Friday night, 59-28. The Chickasaws and Rebels went back and forth for most of the first quarter before the Chicks led by four with over a minute remaining. However, Rebel junior guard Wes Taylor had the shooter’s roll as time expired with a deep three-pointer to cut the Chicks lead to one...
James AbbottJames Abbott, 68, passed away peacefully on Thursday, December 13, 2018. He leaves behind his wife, Kathy Abbott; his children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren. He also leaves Carl and Leola...
Mary Ann Bryant JonesMary Ann Bryant Jones, age 71 of Blytheville passed from this life on Thursday, December 13, 2018 at her home. Born to Archie Lee and Etta Abbott Bryant in Memphis, Tennessee, she was a resident of...
Ruth N. Robinson MabinsRuth N. Robinson Mabins of Marion passed away December 9, 2018 at the Medodist University Hospital in Memphis at the age of 92. She was born January 24, 1926 in Pine Bluff to Samuel and Ruth...
Roy Lee BurroughsRoy Lee Burroughs, better known as Cotton, of Manila passed away peacefully on Tuesday, December 11, 2018, in Jonesboro. Cotton was born on September 19, 1928, in Damascus, AR, to Jim Ed and Nancy...
Billy Gene HopkinsBilly Gene Hopkins, 79, of Wynne died Wednesday, December 12, 2018 in Wynne. Mr. Hopkins was a member of the Kingdom Hall of Jehovah’s Witness, a retired farmer and retired from from the Cross County...
Albert “Gene” RhodesAlbert “Gene” Rhodes, 79, passed away at his home surrounded by his family. He was born on April 14, 1939 in Blytheville to Eddie Rhodes and Evlynn Ledbetter Rhodes. He served in the U. S. Navy...
- Tea thrown into harbor for anniversary of Boston Tea Party
- Man who demolished landmark house ordered to build replica
- Trucker saves dogs thrown from vehicle on New York highway
- Truck crashes through home, misses sleeping woman
- Scuba-diving Santa brings holiday cheer to fish, museumgoers
- Candidate whose missed vote led to tie loses on dice roll
- The Latest: Police seek return of cash spilled from truck